Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Trinity as Relationship

This morning I'm with one of my kids experiencing a college campus. It is hard to believe I've gotten to this point in parenting, but there we are. What strikes me walking around this morning are the relationships. Of course we humans are relational creatures. I have even read social scientists who posit that the reason we look back at our "college" days with such fondness, is because that is the way we are supposed to live. That we humans are supposed to live in connection with one another (and the cosmos, and the divine!). It is often in college that we "find" our life work, or passion. There is a sense of excited beginnings.
Isn't that what the Trinity is about, too? The excited relationships between the Three call us into relationship, too. These Three aren't done with the creating yet either. I'll leave you with these quotes:
John 3:17; John 5:17; and John 14:26
"God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."
"My Father goes on working, and so do I."
"The Holy Spirit ... will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."
Blessed be,
Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment