Monday, November 7, 2016

Rev. Tanner's Election Season Benediction

I am extremely grateful that I live in a country in which citizens can participate in the process of selecting government leadership. I am grateful to vote.

When my wife ran across the following benediction, I thought it was very appropriate for this season in the United States. A partial quote with a link follows:

Rev. Kenneth Tanner provided "A Benediction for Election Season" for Sojourners Magazine on 10-31-16.

May you remember that all politics and all platforms and all legalities and all borders and all leaders are temporary.

May you recall that political movements and boundaries and personalities and programs are here one day and gone the next. All of these are passing away.

May you resist the temptation to place ultimate

Blessed be,
Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment