Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Monday - 2016

What sort of images do you surround yourself with? How do they speak to you? Are they images with "history" (my parent /grandparent always had this, so-and-so gene this to me)? When you choose art, can you articulate what is behind your choice?

Art is amazing in that it often speaks to us on an unconscious level. Something about a certain piece touches us on a deep level. I never tire of looking at such pieces.

Having realized this about myself, when visiting I have often asked people about the art around their homes. So, I asked done such question about a piece of art hanging on Fr. Ken's wall (it wasn't this image, but did present three figures walking). I remember Ken chuckling and proclaiming, "It's the walk to Emmaus. Isn't that what the faith is all about?"

As Resurrection people, perhaps that does sum it all up, Fr. Ken.

May we be surprised at finding Christ in our midst, and may our eyes be open to recognizing the Risen One.

Blessed be,
Joel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment