Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Concentric Circles Of Care

I've had some recent conversations regarding boundaries and caring for others. In essence what these conversations have boiled down to is this: how do I (as a caregiver, a pastor, a nurse, a friend, a ... etc) deal with my own issues and not bring them to bare (as a bear?) to the "person of need"? Most of the people, no all,  I've been in conversation with (myself included) strive to keep our own stuff in check. We all grant that we are not always successful, but we persist onward. 

Then my wife asked if I'd seen following LA Times article? I found the imagery so helpful I'm posting the link here: "How Not to Say the Wrong Thing." I hope you find this helpful as you continue to share your compassion with others.

Blessed be,
 
Joel


No comments:

Post a Comment